See what history in the making looks like in your backyard
In the wake of George Floyd’s killing at the hands of Minneapolis police, an abundance of protests continue to persist around the nation. Here on the Peninsula, there have been a variety of different rallies and demonstrations that have taken place throughout the week.
The Six Fifty had photographers on hand capturing these events over the past few days and we are heartened by the poise and spirit that we see in these images.
Take a look…
Stay up to date with other coverage from The Six Fifty by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, featuring event listings, reviews and articles showcasing the best that the Peninsula has to offer. Sign up here!
More local life from the Six Fifty:
- ‘All of us can do something.’ Local black restaurant owners react to George Floyd protests
- George Floyd and ‘the moral arc of the universe’: insight from MLK’s official historian
- No money? No problem: 5 hands-on ways to help those in need on the Peninsula
- Photos: Celebrate Black History Month with the stunning Civil Rights imagery of Bob Fitch
- Need a book? Here are 12 great titles on Bay Area history worth reading now
- Trolling Trump: Obama photographer Pete Souza perfects the fine art of throwing shade.
- Surviving Jonestown, Overcoming Trump: Jackie Speier sees unsettling parallels in turbulent times
- The secrets of Bruce Lee’s heritage are in….San Bruno?
- 15 Bay Area-focused documentaries to watch during the shutdown
- These local restaurants are donating meals to Bay Area residents in need. Here’s how to help.